Monday, November 2, 2009

Painfully easy

Sometimes, adult fiction shows you something you loved to read in fairy tales as a little girl boy. It arouses childhood fantasies in a way you can't ignore easily in that moment. Tellingly, it doesn't do it in a vacuum anymore. The stuff of our lives is the context for these whims and it gives them power; makes the desire to fulfill them that much keener.

This did it for me:






Sometimes, I wish I could do that.

It passes. I'm a big boy, you see. Time for more Nova the Human Rocket.

P.S That is not the sound of a air being let out of a balloon. I keel you.

5 comments:

  1. i am ... BLASTARRRRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS is painfully easy. Skunkweasel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your non-comic/canon references have no meaning/place here. Your love of King Blastaar is valued although you might want to rethink how you express this love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ....BLASTARRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete
  5. The minor variations in your expressions of disrespect (as I now understand) will save you not from the wrath of King Blastaar the Living Bomb-Burst.

    ReplyDelete