Tuesday, October 13, 2009

En Garde!

A quick look at the Memory Halls of Infinite Sorrow and Little Amusement reveals that my gentle readers would expect this to be the long-expected super-intellectual discourse (to the brain-exponent 10 no less!) on dialectic(s). You would be wrong. Yes, you! (The birdies can now be assumed to have moved past the advanced stages of rigor mortis and to be resting peacefully) But you would also be just a little bit right.

You see I have decided, as in all other areas of my life, to make this easy for myself. And why?! I ask you why not?!! And i shake my fist at you! You fools! .... Fools. Yes, so. I shall instead do it in parts.

As a start, a simple question: if you have two equally well-reasoned, rational, cogent and compelling arguments - naturally at odds with each other - what makes a narcissistic, faux-intellectual, smart, witty what have you like yourselves ourselves decide between the two? What tips the scales as it were? Is it reason? Emotion? A life-time exposed to the idea that the rise of the machines will be awesome?! Mommy not giving ice-cream when you really wanted it at 13?!!

Let's get the comments buzzing people! A little need for validation never hurt anybody. Yeah? What's that? You say Nazi Germany just wanted love and attention too?! Damn you! Godwin's Law was uncalled for!

...

And so, the next time i do this, whenever that is, I'll try and take it from here. Here's to hoping I do and that i don't just resort to saying something buffoonish and memetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment